Before 30 Goals
I’m 28 - I have almost 2 years… so what do I want to do with my time?
(I originally titled this 30 Before 30, but realized that I didn’t want to fill my list with 24 pieces of fluff!)
- Run a marathon
- Get my half marathon time down to a speedy 1:45!
- Continue to teach at The Park School - and love it.
- Noticeably improve at playing piano
- Make our apartment feel like a home
- Get a dog!
- Try SUP (Standup Paddleboard) yoga
- Exercise every day
September-October 2013 Ambitions
Teach to the very best of my ability
- Begin Korean School again, review past lessons
- Contact MUSE and begin working with MUSE on the Temiar music project
- Write an article for Korean Quarterly
Keep up with my Half Marathon schedule
- Begin making a scrapbook. Korea? London? Wedding?
Better organize our apartment/create a “Home Office”
Better organize our kitchen
Buy new running shoes; be choosier in my selection than I’ve been in the past
I’m being overly ambitious here and I know it, but a girl can dream, right?
EDIT: May 2014 review of goals led to crossing out more accomplished ambitions that I’d expected!
"Expect 20% of your training sessions to be “duds”. Off days. Days where your strength just “isn’t right”. Don’t let it rattle you when it happens because it’s normal. Go home, eat, rest and sleep well, and come back the next time with a determined attitude."
Salmon in butter and lemon juice
Mixed greens with onion, tomato, cucumber, and crumbly bleu
Broccoli with onions and garlic in oil
White (sticky) rice
Fresh strawberries and raspberries with light whipped cream
Black tea with soy milk
Will definitely make this meal again.
i just created an itunes playlist called ‘an homage to our youth.’ better go off your ssris before listening to this.
gastroparesis is getting out of control again. i’ve been putting off going back on a liquids-only diet for a while now. kind of dreading it. should really start tomorrow. or a month ago.